Monday, August 25, 2008

From a parent's view. . .

Wonder where they are now?

Are they getting good weather? 

Where are they sleeping tonight?

Did they make it to (fill in the gig)?

Did Raub get his ATM card?

Do they have enough money???

How are the CD’s selling?

Oh!  A new entry on the blog -- Hooray!!!

 

We parents sit back here wondering, from day to day, what these travelers are up to.  We peek at the blog; and when there’s an entry or new photo, we’re excited (and sometimes relieved).  And though we know it’s hard for Raub, Dianne and Kurt to get access to put in more entries, as soon as we read one, we’re already waiting -- on pins and needles – for the next one.

 

Yes, we worry and wonder.  For me, though, it’s way more than worry and wonder.  It’s envy!  I read the blogs, and think, “They’re out there having an adventure, and getting fit, and seeing new places; while I’m sitting at my desk counting the hours till I can ‘go out and play.’”    Do they realize, as much as we parents do, how lucky they are to have been given this opportunity?  Though my little part in the adventure was hard, it still gave me a taste for what could be, and I find myself living vicariously through what I read on the cycledelic music trip blog.

 

So keep ‘em coming, Raub, Dianne and Kurt, whenever you can!  And keep having fun!!

 

Posted by Phyllis Roy, Raub’s mother, Monday, August 25

 

 

Phyllis Roy

Coordinator, Development & Public Relations

Baystate Franklin Medical Center

164 High Street

Greenfield, MA 01301

413-773-2573

413-773-2099

 

I am riding in a bike event, Wheeling for Healing, on September 20 to raise funds for the Baystate Franklin Medical Center Patient Needs fund.  Please visit my web page, www.firstgiving.com/phyllisroy, and consider pledging on my behalf!  Thank you!

 

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail

Always remember your dream of peace. . . and live it

 

 

No comments: