Monday, July 14, 2008

pretour preparation and trepidation

so, (oh, raub here) i'm about a week from packing it all up and
getting on the train from jack London square, Oakland, and 3 days
later getting out in Springfield, mass..
that'll be the 28th.. Leaving just a few days to do some last minute
stuff (mostly tracking down shows we have yet to secure) before 60
days out and about!!

The foremost concern of ours is getting shows secured, as we'll be
without a computer for the ride.. Well, I have my little iPod that can
go online, but it just doesn't have the chops that a full fledged
computer does... This is a little unprecedented (to my knowlege
anyways) as most tours of this magnitude would be done in a
automobile, and in half the time, so booking shows at the end is still
only a month away, as opposed to our trying to get people in Miami to
confirm a date for the end of September!

fortunately in this last week a few dates seem to be falling into
place... A bunch more to go, though!! .. I'll post our itenerary
tomorrow, I think...

My other main concern is the near complete lack of training with my
full load.. This was actually the plan for today but I got called in to work. drat! The lack of long distance rides stems
mostly from working 2 jobs most days, since about march ...financial
concerns for paying rent through October and a recent dental visit (hi
Dr Patel and crew!) had me at my most workaholic, not as addictive as
it's liquid cousin, luckily!... This concern has recently been
alleviated a bunch as my roomates cousin just announced that she will
be staying in my room, significantly reducing my cost to a sort of
storage fee... Yesssss!
oh, I was talking about training and weight concerns (gear pounds, not
fat pounds silly!) .. Well, some of my gear is kinds heavy, but we're
packing only the essentialist clothes (super wicking synthetic
underwear, here i come!) and plan to catch and fry up grasshoppers for
dinner once down south, great protein and plentiful!! Our merchandise
will be shipped ahead so we can pick some of it up every few cities...

and we have no camera. Would like to post pictures to this along the
way.. If anyone out there has a tmobile camera phone lying around,
that'd be perfecto! Otherwise, probably get by on disposables, though
no pict till the end that way...

Ok, thanks for joining us! All for now ...

-Raub

No comments: